Wednesday, April 2, 2008

4/2/08 - 4 miles

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 52 minutes - steady as she goes 13 minute mile.
Weather: low 30's, snow and ice on the ground.
North Park Loop.

Pretty uneventful run, though the wind could be a little stiff. During today's run, I truly realized how far I've let my running slide. During the winter, I prefer to hibernate. Fortunately, spring is approaching and I should be out more.

For the most part, we have wonderful trails that are well maintained throughout the year. It's really nice to be able to go out and know that you don't have to share the road with vehicles.

The loop today consists of nearly two miles of straighaway following the road, then turning and cruising through the park. The mile of park path is quite senic with native grasses, a wandering brook, and asphalt trail. Much to my delight, the trail had been plowed since Monday's six inches of snow.

It was all well and good, until I came to the final little bit. There are two roads, one shares the pavement with cars, the other is a path through the houses.

Today, I took the road less traveled

No comments: